Tuesday, December 2, 2008

1 down, 1 to go!

Thanksgiving came and went and it was painless. No suffering while watching other folks indulge themselves. No regrets about what I wasn't eating. I allowed myself the opportunity to enjoy what I was eating. I must admit that my one and only indulgence came at dinner on thanksgiving day (my first 'cheat' so to speak.) It was a grand heaping tablespoon full of.........dressing (You thought I was going to say pecan pie or something didn't you?) Dressing is one of my favorite things in the world and I thought "one bite won't kill me" and it didn't. I'm satisfied now and good 'til Christmas!
Grand total weight loss is 184 pounds. I'm losing slower now which worries me. But everybody from the surgeon to his nurse to my nutritionist has repeatedly said to avoid getting obsessed with how fast it's coming off. So I won't (ok, that's a lie...I will.)
One more thing to say about Thanksgiving weekend:
Wait for it........

Here it comes.......

This is my favorite part........

45-42

I have to say it again because it feels so good........

45-42!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Melinda Sileo said...

I knew you'd have to write about the game. But only the score? What about all the jerky things even some of our friends are saying about and to us? Even my former student Brooke (the stalker) made some awful comment which I lambaste her for.

Timothy Freeman said...

Nobody has said anything to me...as pitiful as the might SEC was this year (ACC was, what, 6-4 against the conference that supposedly invented football?) what have they got to crow about? It's florida and alabama and a bunch of average football teams.